Corporate Volunteer Council
The Central Arizona Corporate Volunteer Council (CACVC) was founded in 1988 by major Maricopa County corporations that recognize the importance of volunteering and have employee volunteer programs. The CACVC works in partnership with HandsOn Greater Phoenix and the Governor's Commission for Service and Volunteerism to engage our nonprofit partners.
The mission of CACVC is to promote and foster employee volunteerism primarily through the sharing of ideas and information on programs and issues of community concern that may be addressed through volunteerism. The CACVC is a local network that Valley businesses join to share effective practices and address community needs through workplace volunteering. Today’s companies are increasingly seeking ways to work together with employees and retirees to help solve serious social problems in their communities. The CACVC responds to those needs by providing valuable resources to help strengthen a business’ community investment strategy.
- Encourage employee volunteerism among Valley businesses and employees.
- Serve as a resource and network for the community and its recipient agencies.
- Support corporate and community recognition of employee volunteerism.
Monthly meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. with programs on current topics in employee volunteering and skill development.
The Central Arizona Corporate Volunteer Council (CACVC) invites Maricopa County businesses interested in giving back to their community to join this powerful network of businesses. The CACVC works in partnership with HandsOn Greater Phoenix and the Governor's Commission for Service and Volunteerism to engage our nonprofit partners. Join us to share effective practices and address community needs through workplace volunteering.
For more information pertaining to membership dues and chapter meetings, please contact the CVC Membership Coordinator. To become a member now, please fill out the membership application. Businesses with employee volunteer programs who are interested in joining the CVC are invited to attend one chapter meeting as a guest.
- To coordinate volunteer support activity with other corporations.
- To obtain current information on employee volunteerism from a centralized source.
- To learn from professionals in the employee volunteer field.
- To become part of a network of employee volunteer professionals.
- To enhance your company's public and community relations.
CVC meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month from 8:00 to 9:30 a.m. at the University of Phoenix campus located at the intersection of I-10 and 32nd Street in Phoenix. Please contact a CVC officer to RSVP and get specific meeting room details.
Garry Walters - CVC Treasurer