HandsOn AmeriCorps COVID Response Program
HandsOn is currently recruiting for an AmeriCorps COVID Response Program (CRP). This program is centered around helping the greater Phoenix community make its way out of the COVID-19 pandemic. Members of this program will help the community COVID-19 relief efforts through vaccine distribution, food security, and heat relief.
The majority of these shift opportunities will be working alongside vaccination Point of Dispensing (POD) staff and medical professionals to ensure smooth, safe, and friendly operations for everyone. Members will assist with registration and check-in process, locating patient information, trouble-shooting registration issues, and scheduling follow up appointments, along with other logistics and non-medical tasks that make the POD sights run. Other shift options may include working at a food bank partner and working on heat relief projects. Opportunities to complete your 300 hours may be made available if vaccination sites close before the end of your service.
This is a great way to make a meaningful impact, especially those who are college aged and looking for a paid summer experience to learn more about national service! If you, or anyone you know, is interested, please fill out this form!
- ~ 30 hours/week, self-determined from a set number of available shifts.
- Two start options of 5/17 & 6/1 with hiring preference for those who can start on 5/17
- Note, the earlier you start the more weeks you have to complete your hours. Once you’ve reached 300 hours you are done, thus it’s possible to complete your service earlier than the program end date.
- Living allowance of about $2,700, paid biweekly
- A Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- Eligibility to receive the vaccine
- AmeriCorps National Service experience
- Front line experience in disaster relief and public health
- Opportunity to work with local nonprofits
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must be either a U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
- All members must pass a background check
- No Medical background necessary
- Friendly attitude, responsible, and strong work ethic, even with limited supervision
- Ability to work well in diverse teams
- Non-Medical support roles at vaccine points of distribution (PODs)
- All tasks require standing and moving for the majority of the shifts. Mobile wheelchair users are welcome.
Questions? Contact Adriana Rodriguez at VISTAleader@handsonphoenix.org.