Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Volunteer with Helping Hands (COVID-19 Response)
Helping Hands is a nonprofit organization created to slow the spread of COVID-19 through tech-enabled, community volunteerism. We're dedicated to serving those most vulnerable to COVID-19: senior citizens, the immunocompromised, and people with pre-existing medical conditions which put them at additional risk. Helping Hands connects people who must shelter in place with those individuals who can safely deliver critical items (like food, medicine, or household goods) and provide various forms of assistance (like dog-walking, mail pick-ups, or conversations). By facilitating these connections, we can help protect neighbors from contracting severe illness, and each other from an overwhelmed healthcare system.
Some details about Helping Hands:
- Our goal is to provide critical matchmaking support within our communities during this time of crisis.
- We’re laser focused on assisting seniors and other members of our local communities who are most at-risk during the COVID-19 crisis (65 and older, immunocompromised, other health concerns).
- The platform pairs the most at-risk individuals with healthy volunteers (from their local area) who can meet their needs (shopping for groceries, picking up prescriptions, etc), enabling them to stay home and be safe.
- The service is free, 100% contactless, and all delivery details are pre-arranged between both parties when the match is made.
- Check out our 1-minute video about how Helping Hands works!
How Helping Hands Works:
- Choose a neighbor's request: Review requests from people in your area and select who to help.
- Deliver critical help: After matching, communicate directly with the recipient, provide assistance, and get reimbursed.
- Keep helping: Track additional requests and the positive effect you're having on slowing the spread of COVID-19.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: