HandsOn Americorps VISTA
NOW RECRUITING! Seeking VISTA members to serve at the following host site organizations:
- City of Phoenix, Council District 7 (July)
- StreetLightUSA (July)
- Be A Leader Foundation (August)
- Canyon State Academy (August)
- City of Phoenix, Council District 8 (August)
- City of Phoenix, Office of the Mayor (August)
- Epilepsy Foundation of Arizona (August)
- HandsOn Greater Phoenix (August)
- Maricopa Integrated Health System (August)
- Southwest Leadership Academy (August)
- Vets' Community Connections - Outreach Coordinator (August)
- Vets' Community Connections - Vet Team Coordinator (August)
We are proud to manage a team of AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers In Service To America) members. These individuals dedicate a year of their lives to serve full-time in nonprofits and government agencies.
During their terms of service, VISTAs build the capacity of organizations established to alleviate poverty by developing sustainable programs in fundraising, volunteer coordination, and project management. AmeriCorps VISTA members receive a poverty-level stipend to better understand the lives of the clients they serve.
The HandsOn VISTA program supports nineteen VISTA members serving in the role of volunteer or program coordinators at multiple sites and in doing so, hopes to infuse volunteer management competency into the community. Members enable our community service partners to build lasting infrastructure by creating the processes and tools needed to effectively access and utilize valuable volunteer resources. At the same time, more opportunities are created for community members to engage in meaningful service to under-resourced communities. Members also improve their capacity for leading their communities during and beyond their terms of service by developing their knowledge, skills and abilities related to volunteer mobilization and civic engagement through additional training and professional development.