Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Mayday Angel/Dog Caregiver (Referral)
Do you love dogs? Do you especially love dogs who have faced some challenges in life?
Become a Mayday Angel and volunteer your time to care for some of the most inspirational dogs you will ever meet!
Location: North Phoenix
Hours: Minimum commitment of one 4-hour+ shift per month. Shifts run AM and PM 7 days a week including all holidays. We provide training and opportunities to shadow existing volunteers. We would hope for a post training commitment of at least 6 months.
What you do:
- Provide daily care for dogs with medical, behavioral and special needs
- Feed and give medications
- Provide play time, affection, socialization, exercise, enrichment and training
- Give baths, walks and outings
- Lots of cleaning!
- Provide tons of LOVE!
You must be:
- Neurotic and hypervigilant about safety
- Comfortable working with dogs with medical, behavioral and special needs.
- Comfortable with bully breeds and aware of the myths and misconceptions surrounding them
- Patient, understanding and compassionate
- Observant and able effectively communicate changes in a dog's temperament or physical/medical condition
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to lift 40lbs
- Unafraid of getting dirty (and we do mean pee and poop!)
- Reliable and dependable
- Ready to make a huge difference in the lives of some amazing dogs!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: