Veteran Assistance Program
HandsOn Greater Phoenix mobilizes volunteer teams to support local veterans through our Veteran Assistance Program. With the help of corporate partners, we can improve Valley veterans' homes and lives.
HandsOn Greater Phoenix can serve individuals that fit the following requirements:
- Must be Active/Retired Military or a Spouse/Widow of a service member
- Homes must be a permanent structure
- If retired, the discharge must be honorable or medical
- High-need homes have a higher priority
Large volunteer groups complete all work on veterans’ homes. Unfortunately, we cannot complete work that requires a permit or licensed/bonded contractor. Below are the types of projects we've completed in the past:
- Weatherization (attic insulation, new windows, doors, caulking, shade structures, etc.)
- Safety (minor repairs, detectors, appliances, etc.)
- Accessibility (wheelchair ramps, modifying door frames for wheelchairs, kitchen cabinets, flooring, grab bars, etc.)
- Painting (interior, exterior) single story
- Current city code, or HOA violations (landscaping, debris cleanup, painting).
- General repairs (replacing sinks, toilets, faucets, knobs, light fixtures, ceiling fans, etc.)