What is a Volunteer Leader?
Each of our Calendar Projects and Annual Days of Service Projects are directed by a HandsOn Greater Phoenix Volunteer Leader. VLs are extraordinary volunteers who provide the leadership and commitment to make the 50+ monthly HandsOn projects worthwhile and enjoyable. Responsibilities include communicating with volunteers, creating a fun and safe volunteer experience, and reporting attendance, issues, and successes with the HandsOn staff.
Why be a Volunteer Leader?
- Gain leadership experience!
- Contribute to a non-profit that matters to you!
- Networking and social activities with other volunteer leaders!
- Free volunteer leader t-shirt!
Who can be a Volunteer Leader?
YOU! We provide in-depth training and ongoing support to make your project a success and you a successful leader!
How to be a Volunteer Leader?
- Fill out our application!
- Pass an online background check
- Go through a one-on-one leader training
- Get matched with the perfect project for your schedule and passions!
Questions? Contact Molly McArthur at (623)223-9075 or email@example.com
Can't commit to a monthly project but still want to lead? Be a Service Day Leader! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Stories and News
Confessions of a Volunteer Leader
Quips, tales and anecdotes from our amazing Volunteer Leaders
An Amazing Experience
June 16, 2023
Seasoned HandsOn Leader, Theresa Dowling, spreads joy via backpacks just in time for back-to-school season.