Your Experience Counts volunteers work alongside teachers to support the learning of 1st-8th grade students in under-resourced schools. These dedicated individuals serve in the same classroom for a full school year, encouraging both the academic success and social-emotional development of students.
NEW in 2021- Tutoring at Mesa High School
The challenges students face have only grown since the pandemic and we are committed to putting volunteers to work where they are needed most. In addition to our support of 1st-8th grade classes, we are looking to place volunteers at Mesa High to help students during Study Hall and after school.
YEC Volunteers Must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Pass an annual criminal background check ($28 fee)
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and wear a face mask while on campus
- Commit to serving at least 2 hours/week for one academic year
- Have daytime availability to assist teachers during school hours (1st-8th only)
- Be positive role models with knowledge and experience to share
Apply today to enrich the lives of students in your community!
No teaching experience required; training will be provided.