Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Governing Board Treasurer (Referral)
Valley of the Sun is seeking an experienced executive to work with the Governing Board as Treasurer. This volunteer position is 10 hours or less per month.
This is not a bookkeeping position, but rather manages the PT bookkeeper who provides quarterly statements to the Governing Board. The Governing Board meets 4 times per year and also at the AzAEYC Annual Meeting. At least 2 of the Governing Board meetings are online Virtual.
The Treasurer is also a member of the Executive Board which meets as needed online Virturally.
The Tresurer works closely with the Governing Board Chair to provide timely and accurate financials.
TERM OF OFFICE: 2 Years
The Treasurer serves as the financial officer for the organization. The Treasurer prepares the financial statements for review by the Governing Board. The Treasurer is responsible for filing the annual 990 report with the IRS. The Treasurer is responsible for maintaining the financial records of the organization and ensures effective management of the organization’s financial records.
· Manages the Governing Board's review of and action related to the board's financial responsibilities.
· Works with the Chair and Chief Executive (as applies) to ensure that appropriate financial reports are available to the board on a timely basis.
· Assists the Chair and Chief Executive (as applies) in preparing the annual budget and presenting the budget to the board for approval.
· Reviews the annual audit and 990 reporting, answers board members' questions about end of year reporting.
· Ensures development and board review of financial policies and procedures.
· Monitor the receipt of all money due to and held by the organization.
· Ensures that all funds are properly deposited in organization's designated bank account.
· Ensures that the organization maintains tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status.
· Signs financial forms and instruments as necessary.
· Ensures adequate diversification of deposits and investments.
· Ensures the safety of principal, liquidity and a competitive rate of return on investments.
· Serves on the executive, and other committees as appropriate.
· Participates in annual Governing Board Retreat & Planning Meeting.
(Note: Qualifications for the Treasurer should include: Understanding of financial accounting for nonprofit organizations.)
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: