Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Become a Mentor & Change a Life!!(Referral)
'Discover Your Future’ is a mentor-driven out-of-school time program serving youth who face adversity. Our volunteers:
- Form a bond with youth by serving as a mentor and enrich the lives of youth who face adversity
- Work in small groups with elementary students grades 3-6
- Serve as a positive role model for youth
"You can see their confidence & strength growing each week... Seeing that light glowing within each child’s eyes could uplift anyone’s day... It especially did mine." - Zarinah
Specific opportunities to enrich the lives of youth within your small group of mentees are as follows:
- Facilitate ethics discussions on topics such as: honesty, forgiveness, responsibility, respect
- Assist small groups of youth with brain-stimulating academic activities, including STEAM activities such as: stomp rockets, magnetic slime and and coding
- Assist with fitness and athletic activities such as: football, obstacle courses, yoga, basketball...and many more!
You will be trained prior to meeting with the youth, to create positive and trusting relationships.
- 2 hour and 45 minute commitment per week
- Program runs Tuesday through Thursday at various sites throughout the valley during the afterschool hours (Ranging from 2pm - 6pm)
- 2 hours with the youth. Mentors arrive 30 minutes prior to program start time for a mentor pre-meeting
- Mentors commit to a semester, as a role model to the youth
- Mentors choose from sites located around the valley
To be a mentor, each volunteer must:
- Be interviewed
- Complete a Background Check and Reference Check
- Complete Mentor Training
'Discover Your Future’ Program Goal: To keep youth with ACEs engaged during vulnerable after-school hours and promote resiliency and confidence by providing them the opportunity to interact with caring mentors in a structured program environment.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: