MLK 2022: Project Vitamin C
In partnership with City of Glendale and St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance, please join us for one of the first picks of the citrus season at Sahuaro Ranch park for the 2022 Martin Luther King, Jr Weekend of Service.
Volunteers are needed to help pick citrus which will be collected in large bins and donated to local food banks.
Throughout his life, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. advocated for peace, unity and service shown through his commitment to creating change in his community. MLK Day of Service is an annual tribute to the life of Dr. King and a way to donate vitamin-rich citrus to families in need.
Please dress accordingly as volunteers will be working outside within the large citrus groves. Close-toed shoes are required, and a hat and sunscreen are recommended. Social distancing and masks are recommended.
Please print, sign, and bring the City of Glendale’s Waiver Form with you to the project. We'll have copies available for those unable to bring one with them.
Fun and family friendly, minimum age 8. Individuals under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Volunteer's ages 16 & 17 who wish to participate without a parent/guardian must bring a signed Youth Waiver Form with them to the project.
Volunteers will check-in with their unique QR code "Access Pass".
Accessing Your QR Code "Access Pass"
- Login to your account at handsonphoenix.org
- After you login, your account page will load. If you're already logged in, find the "Volunteer" option on the website, and select "My Account"
- In the “Upcoming Opportunities” box, select “Access Pass” next to the appropriate opportunity
- Be prepared to present your QR code at check-in. You can take a screen shot of your QR code ahead of time, bring a printed copy or pull it up within your account on your smart phone
Age Minimum (with Adult): 8+, Minimum Age:8+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: