Volunteer in the Classroom with YEC!
Your Experience Counts volunteers work alongside teachers to support the learning of K-8th grade students in under-resourced schools. These dedicated individuals serve in the same classroom for a full school year, encouraging both the academic success and social-emotional development of students. Volunteers assist students one-on-one or in small groups, providing support in literacy, math, and/or science.
High School Tutoring in Mesa
The challenges students face have only grown since the pandemic and we are committed to putting volunteers to work where they are needed most. We are looking for high school tutors to support Mesa High School and the Mesa Youth Creative Agency (M-Th 6-7pm).
YEC Volunteers Must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Pass an annual criminal background check ($28 fee)
- Commit to serving at least 2 hours/week for one academic year
- Have daytime availability to assist teachers during school hours
- Be positive role models with knowledge and experience to share
No teaching experience required; training will be provided.
Now Accepting High School Volunteers Only
Questions? Contact Molly McArthur at firstname.lastname@example.org